- Education/Exam Schedule
- Upcoming AMA Guides Training 2020
- 2020 Entire Year Course Brochure
- 2020 Course Registration Form
- Download Forms
ACIME Vision/Mission Statement
ACIME is the pre-eminent organization of Independent Medical Examiners who have attained a high level of expertise through professional education, training and successful completion of peer reviewed professional examinations
ACIME provides leadership to advance the science of Disability Medicine including the prevention, evaluation, and management of impairment and disability by:
- Promoting the study, improve the quality of practice and advance the cause of Disability Medicine;
- Advancing the knowledge, skills and abilities of Independent Medical Examiners by conducting periodic educational and training workshops:
- Encouraging research;
- Providing assistance to judicial and other administrative institutions; and
- Collaborating with national and international societies, academies and institutions with missions similar to ACIME
What is Disability Medicine?
A subspecialty of clinical medical practice which encompasses the identification, prediction, prevention, assessment, evaluation and management of impairment and disability in both human individuals and populations.
Rondinelli, R., Ranavaya, M. Practical Aspects of Impairment Rating and Disability Determination. In: Braddom’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Fifth Edition, Cifu D.X., ed. 2015